From a very young age I was outgoing and loved meeting people. Fortunately, I befriended people that proved to be caring and kind and did not get myself into too much trouble along the way. My Mom might disagree with that statement. At the age of 2 ½, I made friends with the nice lady down the street making chocolate chip cookies and was only found by the police during a door-to-door search for me.
I believe in forming strong, long-standing relationships. There is a distinction, in my mind, between simply “doing” business and earning the right to do so. I also understand that the best way to help my clients is by listening carefully. This is the cornerstone of trust, and a lesson learned via the tremendous role models, experience and education I have encountered throughout my career.
Joining the ES3 team was a natural fit, as my core values and visions are completely aligned with the company’s. My diversified financial experience provides me with a deep understanding of all elements within the Financial Planning Continuum, positioning me to help individuals and business owners develop strategies to enhance, protect and transfer their wealth. Through ES3’s Wealth Advocacy Process, I empower people to build stronger families, stronger businesses and stronger communities.
Three Key Words:
Caring, Committed, Empowering
20+ years (since 1991) – worked with various financial institutions, from a boutique financial planning firm to a large Canadian Trust Company and two multi-national, banked-owned brokerage firms.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), 1998
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM), Canadian Securities Institute, 1998
- Personal Financial Planner (PFP), Canadian Securities Institute, 1996
- Accident, Sickness and Health License, The Insurance Council of BC (currently licensed in both BC and Ontario), 1995
- Canadian Securities Course and Conduct & Practices Handbook Exams, Canadian Securities Institute, 1994
- Canadian Investment Funds License, Investment Funds Institute of Canada, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts and Certificate of Liberal Arts, Simon Fraser University, 1992
I am inspired and empowered by anyone who steps out of their comfort zone to take a stand and make a difference within their family, business or community. The ultimate “Difference Maker”, in my opinion, is Rick Hansen.
The sport that has most influenced my life is Squash. However, I also enjoy many other sports and outdoor activities including road riding, tennis, golf, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing and yoga.
Member in good standing 1998 to present, Financial Planners Standards Council of Canada
Founding board member for Squash BC’s 20/20 Fund
President, Norwood Queens Community Association
If you need help with your insurance and estate planning, please contact me by email or by phone at 604-687-3310 ext. 222.